BALMAR has been involved into Additive Manufacturing since 2008 resulting in the Centre of Excellence (COE) for LENS and Aerosol Jet® Technology opened together with our strategic partner Optomec Inc.
Our services in Additive Manufacturing include:
- Additive Manufacturing/3D Metal Printing (LENS Technology);
- Improvements of LENS Technology;
- Electronics Printing / Aerosol Jet® Technology for Electronics;
- Service provider/Demonstration Centre;
- Consulting service in connection with Additive Manufacturing;
- Product development and evaluation based on Additive Manufactruing principle.
Our expertise is:
- Hybrid Manufacturing.
LENS Technology enables manufacture of bigger sized special prototypes built from scratch or on already existent classical surfaces from single metal material or in combination with more different metal materials (Function-Gradient Principle).
LENS Technology enables effective repair of different metal parts. In some cases (based on customer wish) we can locally improve functionality and wear resistance of the part. Repair can be done on different part geometries and in different sizes.
Hybrid Manufacture is combination of different classes of additive manufacturing technologies and classical machining. Such approach can effectively improve over-all manufacturing process in terms of time, cost and material waste.